So what’s the big fuss about it.all are talking about it.is this that good.is it cheap Chinese made or should I go for hifi branded oem stuff? So many quays but no proper ans.
Hello all,I am back to help you for hid bulb related queries.first of all,what is this hid?
According to Wikipedia “A high-intensity discharge (HID) lamp is a type of electrical lamp which produces light by means of an electric arc between tungsten electrodes housed inside a translucent or transparent fused quartz or fused alumina arc tube.”
Confused ha?well its no rocket science, the tech is here with us from well back in time.our tube lights, street lights are very very similar to the tech used in this.
It’s a bulb don’t have any filament so no worry of it getting fused,clever hein?a very high voltage is the reason for its light which is passed through the xenon gas inside the hid bulb,that is why its also called XENON!!so what we need to know about it specially?the start up needs a lot of current some goesup to 8 amps in starting so those wires and relays need to be robust to take the sudden load.too confused?well its ment to be.lets go through like a primary school explanation.
You need to know som things….
- DC POWER IS MUST,no ac can run hid,so if your headlamps intensity goes up and down like a girrafs neck up and down with revs,no hid for you,even if you have a 9 amp battery,eg pulsars ug3 and before.
- RELAY IS A MUST TO HANDLE THE EXTRA LOAD.NO RELAY=HOT WIRES ULTIMATLY BURNED WIRES,SWITCHES AND YOU WILL BLAME THE HID!!THAT S NOT GOOD.
- COLOR TEMPERATURE IS TOO IMP,IT SHOULD BE 4300K,NO MATTER HOW MUCH THE WHITISH LIGHTS WE LIKE THEY ARE PAIN IN THE A$$ FOR OTHERS AND FOR THE RIDER ALSO AFTER SOME TIME,TOTALLY USELESS IN THE FOGS/RAINS.
- HID IS LEAGAL?NO or yes?,SURPRISED?I BET.THE THING IS ACCORDING TO MOTOR VEHICAL LAW ITS EVEN ILLEGAL IF YOU ALTER A NUT BOLT FROM OEM SPECIFIED LIST,SO FITTING A HID WITH EVEN THE BEST OF THE PROJECTORS ARE ALSO ILLEGAL.SO ITS YOUR CALL.BE KIND TO OTHERS AND USE WITH CARE AND CHOSSED THE CORRECT THE CORRECT COLOR TEMP,USE LOW BEMA ,USE WITH CARE
- TAKES SOME TIME TO COME TO FULL INTENSITY SOME 8-15 SEC FROM KIT TO KIT.
- HIDS ARE RATED IN VARIOUS POWER RANGES-35W/40W/55W/75W/100W,AND AVL IN VARIOUS BULBTYPES ALSO.
- HID CAN WITHSTAND VERY MUCH STRAIN THEN HALOGENS.WATER,DUST,VIBRATION IS NOTHING.HID KITS CAN EVEN WORK UNDER THE WATER.
- 35 WATT HID ROUGHLY EQALS TO A HALOGE BULB OF 135 WATT.
- HID BULB NEVER LOSS ITS INTENSITY WITH VARYING VOLTAGE,NITHER IT DIMS OR INCREASE LIKE HALOGENS NOR ITVARY ITS CONSUMPTION,ALWAYS A SAME AMPERE CONSUMPTION IRRESPECTIVE OF VOLTAGE,THEN IT SUDDENLY GOES OFF,its like a very posh girlfriend,all the flash and look but never really see your bank account condition and when you are busted it suddenly leaves you in the middle of no where. Where a halogen is like a stable wife ,it adjusts its consumption if the dropping voltage is there ,dims a bit but never leaves you.
- Never go with the halogen one beam plus hid other beam,tease bulb don’t have any sort of optical focus,all a big weast.
- Check for the hot spot of the bulb of what you are replacing a wrong hotspot will leave you with a ill focused beam,which will be worse then oem. After installing the bulb in the dome better to see if the focus can be improved a bit or not by pulling or pushing the bulb in or out,settle for the best beam.some juggads can be to acive this.
- Bixenon hid bulbs some time vibrates because of extra freeplay.use a thin gi wire to reduce the play,always always use hids with glare cap if they are having one.if you remove the glare cap the bixenon will loose its low beam capability.
SO HOW WILL I KNOW MY KIT IS QUALITY KIT
Apart from oem kits if you buy chinease kits also you can get a good deal if you keep some things in mind.
- GO FOR BIGGER BALLST NOT THE SLIM ONES AS SLIM ONES ARE FILMSY AND TOTAL LIGHT OUTPUT IS ALSO A BIT LOW.GO FOR PICC IF YOU CAN GET.
- BULBS –GO FOR SUPERVISION,they are quite decent.
- GO FOR THIS TYPE BIXENON H4 BULBS,NOT HID+HALOGEN BULB,NEVER.
- WIRING KIT SHOULD HAVEA RELAY ,use of relay is a must,..(a p220 will not work with relays as it has the bcu,but its normal bulbs are 55 watt rated so a hid of 35 watt can be used directly).
REMEMBER HID BULBS CANT FLASH LIKE HALOGEN BULBS AND FOR THEM PROPER FOCUSSING IS TOTALLY NECCESARY,SO IT MIGHT WORK AS PLUG AND PLAY BUT YOU SHOULD FINE TUNE THE SYSTEM TO GET THE MOST OUT OF IT AND FOR GOD SAKE USE 4300K COLOR TEMP.