First service of any vehicle is the most important service since the bike runs under running-in / engine break in time period. Many first time owners wonder as what to do or to follow at the time of first servicing of their brand new Yamaha R-15 ?
What or when is the time for 1st free service for Yamaha YZF R15 ?
30 days from purchase or between 750 to 1000kms.
List of work do be done at the time of 1st free service of Yamaha R15 ?
Best place to look answer for any bike related query is always in its owners manual. List of work to be done in free service is printed at the back page of the service coupon.
Usual list of work is like below, unless there is any specific problem mentioned by the user.
- Wash the bike..
- Clean Air Filter.
- Change the Engine Oil
- Chance the Engine Oil Filter
- Clean chain / lube the chain
- Adjust the chain slackness
- Clutch adjust, lube.
- Accelerator cable free play adjust, lube
- Check the coolent level, top up if needed
- Check the Break fluid level (both front and rear), top up if needed
- Check the Wheel Play, adjust the breaks if wheel play feel jammed
- Check the steering play (ball racer play) adjust the handle if needed
- Check the idle engine RPM -> Should be 1.4k/1.5k idle
- Tighten the nuts, bolts and screw all over the bike
- Check all electrical -> lights / horn (adjust if any requirement)
- Check tire air pressure.
Also repair if there any other specif problem faced by you.
In many service center, 3rd party vendors may have their counter / outlet for taflon (polishing) coating. They may identify them self as Yamaha officials giving you official work, but taflon coating is totally a 3rd party option and personal choice of users to do or not to do.
Taflon coating may cost Rs. 500 to 1000 depending on the place.
What / how much is the cost of first free service for Yamaha R-15 ?
The general service is offered free but you are in need to pay for certain materiel.
- Engine oil -> Rs. 240 for YamaLube 20w40 (mineral) or Rs. 415 for YamaLube 15w50 (semi synth)
- Engine oil filter -> Rs. 175/-
- Chain lube -> Rs. 170 (it should be given free but some service center is charging for it.)
- Coolent topup (if needed) -> Depending on how much is needed, Rs. 25-Rs. 30 per 100ml.
- Break oil top up (if needed) ->Depending on how much is needed, Rs. 50 per 100ml.
Do not use any lubrication apart from YamaLube or Motul. YamaLube is manufactured by motul and sold by Yamaha under brand name of YamaLube.